See the final results of my 30 Days of Gratitude challenge here: 30 Days of Gratitude: Final Reflections.
- The sun! After a week of rain (and crazy flooding), it’s finally sunny! Since I have SAD, having a couple days of sunshine really makes a difference. I’m also very thankful that I wasn’t impacted by the flooding, even though I live in San Jose – I didn’t even have issues with my commute. I’ve heard of coworkers that have dealt with 2-3 hour drives home because roads were closed because of mudslides.
- Traffic was great this morning. I don’t know why (maybe it’s because kids are on vacation), but my morning commute was only 25 minutes instead of the usual 45. That gave me extra time to longboard in the morning (I regularly cruise around parking lots near my work) and still get into the office by 8:30am.
- My balance. I’m not the most coordinated person, but I feel like I have pretty good balance – which has allowed me to learn how to longboard relatively quickly. Longboarding is a lot of fun, good exercise, and a great way to relieve stress. I’m so glad that I was able to learn!
- My roommate. She helps me through a lot of things, like what to say to someone who is giving me a hard time, or what to do in a difficult situation. She’s also been very understanding of my SAD.
- Healthy snacks at work. Yes, I’m totally spoiled. My office has healthy snacks, like dried apples and organic yogurt. There are unhealthy snacks too, but there are so many good choices that it’s easy to make smart choices (instead of running for the chips!)
What are you grateful for?