See the final results of my 30 Days of Gratitude challenge here: 30 Days of Gratitude: Final Reflections.
Today, I feel much better than yesterday. I’m not exactly sure what changed, but some days are just worse than others for me. So, here are the 5 things I am thankful for:
- Joyable, an online therapy program. I know, sounds a little hokey. But being from Silicon Valley, I figured I’d give it a try. Today, they seem to focus more on workplace depression, but when I used it, their focus was cognitive behavioral therapy to improve social anxiety. I used the program to help me get through job interviews without having anxiety attacks, and it really helped. In fact, using Joyable helped me develop my own framework for dealing with anxiety attacks: I write down how I’m feeling, and then I write down “reasons that support how I feel”, and “reasons that don’t support how I feel”. Writing things out usually calms me down, because I’m able to see rational reasons for why everything is ok.
- The great weather lately. It hasn’t been rainy for almost a week, which has been great for my mood and energy.
- Public transit. It’s honestly not the best in the SF Bay Area (now Paris has an awesome metro system), but it means I don’t have to drive 2 hours one way and then pay $30 for parking to get to work today. I’ll take it!
- Helpful coworkers. I’m really grateful to have helpful coworkers at my current job. Coworkers in the past weren’t always so friendly, so I’m glad that I have people I can ask questions to now.
- WordPress! I think it’s so cool how Wordpress makes it so easy to just write and share your feelings with others. I was really surprised that my post yesterday about anxiety touched so many people.
What are you thankful for?