See the final results of my 30 Days of Gratitude challenge here: 30 Days of Gratitude: Final Reflections.
Today was a weird morning. I started off trying to get some work done, and then got derailed into reading about “if-then planning” and how it helps you achieve your goals. Then, I got derailed into thinking about how “if-then planning” has actually wreaked havoc on my life, because I end to come up with a billion “ifs” and the “thens” tend to have another billion “ifs” in them… But that’s a blog post for another time. Now, I’d like to list the 5 things I’m grateful for today:
- VPN. Without it, I wouldn’t be able to work from home – which I do all the time. I’m so grateful we have it, because otherwise I’d have to go into the office and endure the crazy commute every day. Thank goodness for the technology!
- Email. I know, some parts of it can be annoying. But other parts are amazing – it’s (nearly) instant, and really facilitates communication. It allows me to keep in touch with people that I wouldn’t otherwise be able to. Speaking of which, I owe some friends an email!
- IKEA, the Disneyland of adults! I’m in love with some of the cute little plants there… I recently got a seat by the window, and I’m dying to put one of those “ginseng bonsai” (or whatever) plants on my desk. You know, spruce up my desk!
- Nature. Coco Chanel said, “The best things in life are free. The second best things are very, very expensive.” She’s so darn right. I love to take walks around the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area and it dawned on me, I don’t need to be a millionaire or to enjoy this. Whether I have $80k or $800k, I still can enjoy it.
- Energy drinks. Oh, my old flame. In college, I was known for my energy drink addiction. At one point, I used to drink 4 cans a day. I now consume them responsibly (read: one can a day maximum), but there’s a sense of comfort in popping open a can of Rockstar and getting some code down. Old habits die hard, I guess.
What are you thankful for?