See the final results of my 30 Days of Gratitude challenge here: 30 Days of Gratitude: Final Reflections.
Woohoo! Can’t believe I made it to day 25. Going along the same vein, I’m going to focus on people I am thankful for:
- My mom. I talked with her last night for a couple hours about how difficult some things at work are. She always listens to me and supports me. I realize how lucky I am to have a mom who listens to me – I realize not everyone has that privilege.
- One of my mentors. I originally reached out to him when my previous company was collapsing. He’s always given me great advice about people issues in the workplace. Last time, he talked me through working through some issues I had with my manager. I feel very lucky to have met him.
- My career coach. She’s not officially that, but she’s provided me tons of career advice. She was always there for me when things were going south at my old company. I ultimately did not take her advice when I took my current job, but she helped me make sure I was 100% sure the offer was right for me.
- My friend that got the huge windfall. I was part of a sorority in college and I lost touch with most of the friends when I got sick with IBS/depression. We don’t talk often, but she’s the only one who’s really made any effort to keep in touch – and while I do feel a little uncomfortable that her career took off and mine didn’t, I realize that’s my issue to work through.
- The work friend I ran into the other day. I don’t have many work friends since my team is very different from me, but I have met a few people. We don’t hang out much, but it always makes me happy to run into them.
What are you thankful for?