See the final results of my 30 Days of Gratitude challenge here: 30 Days of Gratitude: Final Reflections.
Day 27 already?! I wasn’t feeling very good this morning, so I decided to take some time off. Here is what I’m grateful for today:
- The Honda dealership techs. I got my car fixed for the airbag recall early this morning. I appreciate how they gave me a good estimate for how long it would take. Estimating is a difficult skill – a different dealership once made me wait 4 hours for a simple maintenance service; when I asked them repeatedly for time estimates they kept saying “soon, soon”… and I ended up missing an important meeting! I’m very lucky that the techs at this new dealership finished working on my car in a good amount of time. They also washed it for free!
- Afternoon naps. I haven’t been sleeping well lately (and am kind of sick), so I took a nice long nap today. I’m sick too, so that’s been draining my energy quite a bit. I’m still a bit tired, but I feel more refreshed.
- The “3 Fat Chicks” weight loss community. I’m a lurker, not an active participant – but seeing others’ forum posts really makes me feel better about my weight issues. I bloated up like crazy last night (face swollen, pants tight, etc) and I wasn’t sure why – then I realized that it’s probably because I’m sick. I checked the forum to see if anyone else had similar experiences, and lo and behold – it’s a thing. I love how forums connect people around the world so we don’t have to feel alone in our troubles.
- My “wake up light“. I’ve had it for about a year, and it’s awesome! Waking up to the light gives me a lot more energy than waking up to a blaring siren. It also serves as a nice bedside light.
- IKEA food containers. This past weekend, I bought some food containers for my next 30 day experiment – one focused around my diet and health. I’m still working out the logistics, but I plan to pre-prepare meals to help keep me on track. The general rule will be, “if it’s not in the container, don’t eat it”. Since I eat healthily most of the time, with binges spattered here and there, I’m hoping the pre-prepared meals will help me curb the binge eating behavior.
What are you thankful for?