I woke up this morning ready to do some work. I still had some leftover work to take care of from the week, so I poured myself a nice cup of cold brew coffee and got started.
When I felt hungry, I had some chicken salad I had prepared the night before and half a sweet potato. I used Thug Kitchen’s Green Goddess Dressing, which was awesome (I did leave out the soy)! I saw some of Thug Kitchen’s books in a bookstore yesterday and fell in love, but my roommate wasn’t convinced because the recipes are vegan. I decided I would try a recipe of theirs online and if we agreed it was good, we could buy the book. With my surplus of avocado and romaine lettuce in the fridge, the green goddess dressing was a great choice!
After working for a couple hours, my roommate and I decided to go out. We headed to Cost Plus World Market to look at the furnishings for inspiration for our new apartment in San Francisco. After that, we were hungry. After debating on where to eat, we decided to stop by one of our favorite Japanese supermarkets that has a food court. I originally hesitated, but Google helped me confirm that the tonkotsu (pork bone broth) ramen would be ok as long as I didn’t eat the noodles. My roommate agreed to eat the noodles, while I could have the pork belly, egg, and broth.
After dropping by the Japanese supermarket, we decided to walk to a nearby nursery. I didn’t take any pictures of the plants, but check out these bug drawings someone did in Sharpie in the store!
When I got home, I cranked on the computer for another couple hours while snacking on some sweet potato and chocolate earl grey tea. Probably shouldn’t have snacked, but I couldn’t help it!
I took a break after a couple of hours and had another one of my veggie snack packs. Thank goodness I made those – totally beats nuts or fruit!
Diet Log Summary
- Breakfast: 2.5oz chicken, salad, green goddess dressing (avocado, tahini, vinegar, lemon juice, mint, basil), 1/2c sweet potato with cocoa powder, mixed veggies, coffee
- Lunch: pork belly, egg, seaweed, tonkotsu (pork bone) broth, coffee
- Snack: 1.5c sweet potato, earl grey tea
- Late night snack: cut veggies
Diet Effects Summary
- Coffee is a bit of a laxative. But I think all of you already knew that. 😉
- I did bloat a little from the broth and pork belly, but it went down the next day. I figure it was the salt!