I guess the Whole30 is almost fully integrated into my life at this point – I’ve been busy preparing for my move to San Francisco so I haven’t really been putting much thought into my diet. I wouldn’t necessarily say I’ve been slipping, but I’m really just trying to clear out the fridge more than anything else. After my move, I’d like to return to my original diet of chicken + veggies since it seemed to work the best for weight loss, but I still feel pretty good on fattier meats.
I actually didn’t take any pictures of what I ate today since I’ve been running so many errands – but I did want to mention I’m moving away from frozen veggies! They’re convenient and cheap, but they’re getting really boring. 😛 Instead, I found a local farm that gives you a HUGE box of organic produce for $30. I picked up my box this morning and I got tons of chard, scallions, lettuce, watermelon radishes, cabbage, arugula, and sugar snap peas – and a couple of oddities like okame spinach and orach!
I ended up steaming all the chard, spinach, and arugula to freeze for later. Ideally, I’d like the produce to last me for a month, but we’ll see how it goes – I eat a lot of vegetables! I stored everything else in the fridge. I’m hoping that the produce in the fridge will stay fresh for 2 weeks, after which I’ll switch to the produce I steamed and froze. We’ll see!
Diet Log Summary
- Breakfast: 100g sweet potato, 100g strawberries
- Lunch: 1c beef and cabbage soup; 1c eggplant stir fry
- Snack: 1/4c trail mix, 1 small apple, 1 small banana + cocoa powder
- Dinner: 3oz braised lamb with apricots, 1c bitter mystery veggies
Diet Effects Summary
- I am really settling into this diet. I really like it! It’s great to not suffer from sugar cravings and bingeing/purging behavior anymore. I intend to keep it up even after the 30 days – with the exception of allowing rice on the weekends when I eat out.