As I discussed yesterday in my Week 1 Productivity Analysis, I changed the way I’m breaking down my time from “traditional” categories (such as relax vs work) to goal oriented categories.
My goals are as follows:
- Sleep hygiene/take productive breaks (relaxing, taking quality breaks)
- Clean apartment
- Lose weight (preparing meals, exercise, talking with trainer)
- Get a better job (interview prep)
Of course, I also wanted to track the time I spent on non-goals, such as work and blogging. Someday, I could see blogging becoming a goal – but for now, it’s more hobby than anything. 😛
- I spent half of my waking hours working towards my goals, which I’m pretty happy with. I suspect most days aren’t as good as this.
- I spend too much time blogging! 3.5 HOURS yesterday? Granted, most of that was analyzing my data, making charts, and coming up with an action plan – but as someone who tends to do that kind of thing for fun, I need to watch the time.
- I need to timebox the blogging/analysis/thinking. At the end of the day, it’s a hobby – not a goal. I’m aiming for 30 minutes a day, 1 hour tops.