- It was Saturday, so I spent most of the day 1. going out with friends and 2. commuting home for Mother’s day with my roommate! I even snuck in a 30 minute algorithm study session. Honestly, I’m pretty happy with the way I spent the day. 🙂
- At this point, I’m 100% sure that “hanging out with friends” ANNIHILATES “reading (business/personal development) books” for relaxation. I feel a lot happier after spending a day with my friends, but I don’t feel any happier (or more productive, to be honest) after spending a day reading tons of books.
- Since I’ve confirmed that hanging out with friends makes me happier/more relaxed while reading (business/personal development) books does not, I am formally banning business/personal development books for the rest of this challenge! Any time I DO spend on those books I will label as “unproductive” time – because that’s what it really is.
- I’ve realized that reading those business/personal development is EXACTLY how I procrastinate – instead of working towards my goals, I spend time reading and then convince myself that I’m being “productive”. It’s not to say that reading those books has no value – but are they helping me towards my immediate goals? Not really!
- I still need to beef up the time I spend towards getting a better job. It’s the weekend, so I’m cutting myself some slack… but I won’t come Monday.